The holiday season is probably the least sustainable time of the year. My recovergirl reaction to that is to shop for local, handmade, sustainably designed items, and/or up-cycled or vintage versions of things I desire.
Like I’ve said before my list wish is not a hint to anyone in my family. These are things that I will probably get around to getting for myself in the future if my budget allows. Here goes:
- A Serpent and Bow bra and underpants set. I’m so inspired by this designer and her work. You need to follow her on Instagram.
- Minimalist balayage highlights from Alex at Pinup Hair Studio in Dover, NH. Image source and more hair inspo can be found on my Hair Brained Pinterest board.
- I think everyone should do their grocery shopping with gold Tyvek bags by Maybebags London. I know, right.
- A friend of mine at work has been recommending I try coconut oil for years. Maybe I’ll give Conscious Coconut a try.
- I have a king-sized bed and yet I still use twin and queen sized blankets. Someday I’ll invest in a full set of linens from Rough Linen.
- I would live in a pair of Clyde pants from Elizabeth Suzann.
- For whatever reason I’m back in love with the Prada fake fur scarf from 2011. I’m on the lookout for a vintage or handmade version. This one on Etsy isn’t too bad. #muppetchic
- I love all things Jenny Pennywood. This unique pillow would fit right in with my decor as if it had always been there.
- I just want gold brogues. I can’t explain it. These ones shown are actually for kids. I don’t like any of the adult versions on the market — too stiff looking. I want a comfy version. I may try to find a beat-up pair of old Doc Martins and paint them gold and then add a new pair of laces in a pop color.
I hope you enjoyed my list and are inspired to think more sustainably when shopping this holiday season.
Happy Holidays + Cheers! xo jam